Saturday 21 May 2011

camp

Well I'm back! These past 4 days have been in the Outback with nothing but beautiful sunsets, kangaroos, and tons of sand. This camp was called Camp Tuikilky (extremely hard to pronounce) and we had a bushranger theme. We had 3 gangs: Starlight gang (me and Maddie plus 4 others), Thunderbolt tribe, and Captain Melville's gang. The first day was mainly the bus trip and then a 5K walk to our first campsite. To be honest I did feel kind of awkward around all of the people at first. After 4 days of bonding over filthiness and pain we're all good friends! That first night we slept in a bivvy (aka lots of tarps pulled together) at camp. That was the coldest night. The rest of the nights we were in tents (and much warmer). The second and third days were both 10K walks. My ankles and legs are cut up from random sticks and prickly bushes. On the third night, we watched a movie around the campfires under stars. That was the most relaxed feeling I've had until I came back. The scenery was absolutely beautiful everywhere. Couldn't ask for better days.

No comments:

Post a Comment