Thursday 2 June 2011

dance tuition

Today was dance tuition for the juniors and seniors. Basically what it is is a day spent learning ballroom dances for the Blue, Red, and Gold Ball that we will be attending on July 2nd. I learned the military two step, jive, foxtrot, tango, and this rock and roll dance. I have to admit, it was actually really fun! Dancing with a bunch of Aussies is pretty amusing, take my word for it. Everyone had to dance with everyone; we probably spent most of the time talking instead of actually focusing on the footsteps. We have to do these dances at the ball too. Hopefully I'll still remember all the steps by then... I guess we'll see! Detouring from the subject, we leave for Sydney, Wollongong, and Canberra next week! We'll spend a week there just being touristy, then, by the time we get back to Adelaide, I'll only have about 2 weeks left here! That's both exciting and sad. We had spaghetti tonight like Nana makes. That was a nice reminder of home.

No comments:

Post a Comment