Thursday 9 June 2011

sydney

Today we went to Sydney!!! Travelled on a train going in and out. The city was absolutely beautiful. It's right on the water (Sydney Harbor) and jammed with skyscrapers. Basically, it's New York City except with prettier water and a much better environment. We walked through the train station, Paddy's market, the Opera house, Luna Park, and Chinatown. I don't think I've ever seen so many Asians in my life... I also got all of my shopping done today! Or well most of it. I spent $80 total on gifts for my friends, Dad, Walker, Mr. Oakes, and that's it I think. I would love to live in Sydney by the harbor or anywhere with ocean access. The heart of the city didn't fancy me much--way too busy and packed. You know what came to mind as soon as we got to the harbor?? FINDING NEMO! It was just amazing. I really hope I can go back there some day. I also had my picture taken (holding a boomerang) with an Aboriginal man! They were playing digeridoos too!! SO COOL. Anyway tomorrow I think we're going to some wildlife park so I can pet koalas. Be jealous

No comments:

Post a Comment