Wednesday 8 June 2011

sydney

So today I arrived in Sydney!! It's a gorgeous city. It's right on the coast of Australia, so on one side is the ocean and on the other is mountains. We're staying in Wollongong, a city about 40 minutes from Sydney, with Maddie's cousins! It's great. This is the only place we're I've seen a beach, houses, and mountains right behind. We had KRISPY KREME DONUTS I WAS SO EXCITED!!!!! Finally a reminder of home! We actually got free donuts because I'm American (no joke). At the airport I saw a Delta plane with Atlanta written on the side--yet another reminder. We're going to go explore Sydney tomorrow! Taking a plane into and out of the city. Hopefully we'll go to a Starbucks :) I love Maddie's cousins. 2 girls around my age (a little older) and 1 boy (freshman in college). They're pretty awesome. We're staying with them for a week, then we go back to Adelaide. I really hope to go to one of the beaches!!! Oh 2 new words to add to my list: crook=sick, uni=university/college. I think we're going to the zoo too!! I WANT TO HOLD A KOALA!!! I think we can do that here but I'm not sure. Still happy anyway. Tomorrow I'll write all about my train rides and being touristy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment