Wednesday 22 June 2011

presenting

So today I had to present to little 5th graders about Chattanooga and Baylor School. I had my powerpoint all ready to go with tons of pictures and cool effects, but naturally, the computer would not load it; therefore, me and my computers-hate-me skills had to improvise. I ended up using random pictures on Baylor's website, which worked better than I thought it would. The little people were just fascinated. They thought Baylor looked like Hogwarts, asked if I knew Justin Bieber, asked if we talk with southern accents (apparently I don't have one), and asked if we sang and danced in our cafeteria like High School Musical. I have to say, they knew a surprising amount about the United States and Tennessee. They even pointed out to me where Chattanooga was and told me about places they have visited in "the land of the free and the home of the brave." One kid had actually heard of Baylor School before! A relative of his attended school at Baylor in the early 1900s. Needless to say, I was very impressed. I told them all about Baylor McCallie and how big of a deal it is--why we have to go all out and be crazy for that one week of the school year. Time flew by and before I knew it, I'd actually been talking for an hour and a half... whoops. My goal was to captivate their attention, so I guess that was a major success! They are pretty curious little kids. Never hesitant to ask any questions that came to mind (obviously)

No comments:

Post a Comment