Saturday 4 June 2011

my weekend

This weekend was mostly a relaxing one. Saturday night was Maddie's CanDance performance for a cure. I have to say, it was one of the coolest things I've seen. It reminded me of the recitals I used to do; I even started to miss dance a little (which is unbelievable). Afterwards Maddie's dance friends went to a restaurant called The Pancake Kitchen (pretty much an Australian IHOP). The performance didn't end until after 10, so we were eating pancakes at 11:15 at night. The restaurant was located on Hindley Street, and, being here for 3 weeks, I know that that's where all of the drunks/prostitutes/druggies/clubbers go; therefore, we all ran for dear life into the restaurant and locked all car doors while driving on the street. Today we went to church. Their church is very small, anywhere from 90-110 people, and it's completely casual, which is different from my church at home. I liked the close-knit community feel the church has. Everybody knows everybody--kind of like that small, country town feeling. We finished off the morning by feeding ducks in a little park area and going to the all American embassy, McDonalds. Micky D's (or Maccas as the Aussies say) is almost exactly like the ones at home, minus the fact that everything is a size smaller. Like I've been telling the Reace family, in America you either go big or go home. It's all about the supersize (Aussies have small appetites, which explains why America is so obese and Aussies are skinny).

No comments:

Post a Comment